What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent eyebrow treatment that creates the appearance of natural brow hairs. The treatment is carried out by using a manual microblading tool to implant pigment into the upper layer of the skin. It can be used to fill in sparse brows, create a new brow shape, create symmetry or simply enhance existing brows to become the most perfect eyebrows for you.
The benefits of Microblading are:
- Natural-looking results: It creates the appearance of individual brow hairs, giving a very natural look.
- Long-lasting results: It results can last up to two years.
- Low maintenance: Once your treatment is complete, you will not need to fill in your brows with makeup every day.
- Water-resistant: It is water-resistant, so you can swim and sweat without having to worry about your brows smudging.
Who is it For?
Microblading is a great option for anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their eyebrows and frame their face beautifully. It is especially popular with people who have over plucked their brows in the past, or who have lost brow hair due to age or medical conditions. It is also a good option for people who want to create a new brow shape, or who simply want to enhance their existing brows.
How is it Done?
Microblading is done in two steps:
- Consultation: The first step is a consultation and patch test with your microblading artist. During the consultation, your artist will discuss your desired brow shape and color. They will also assess your skin type and condition to make sure that you are a good candidate for microblading. BROW HQ have a team of award-winning artists so you can be sure you will be in the most expert hands.
- Treatment: The second step is the treatment itself. Your artist will begin by numbing the area around your brows, they then fully map your eyebrows out and choose the appropriate colour ensuring you are completely happy with the shape and colour before they start the microblading procedure. Then, using a sterile microblading tool pigment is gently implanted into the upper layer of your skin. This is not painful and just feels a little scratchy. The treatment typically takes about two hours to complete, you are kept comfortable throughout and collaborated with every step of the way.
Aftercare for Microblading
After your treatment, it is important to follow your artist’s aftercare instructions carefully. This will help to ensure that your brows heal properly and that the results last. Aftercare instructions typically include:
- Clean the brows twice a day using cool-boiled water
- Applying a healing ointment to your brows twice a day
- Avoiding UV light and excessive heat for 7 days
- Avoiding strenuous activity for a few days
Brow HQ is an award-winning salon that specialises in microblading and other brow treatments. Our microblading artists, led by Leisa Roberts – who was championed ‘Microblading Artist of the Year’ in 2023 are highly trained and experienced, and use only the highest quality pigments and equipment. BROW HQ, based in Chester offers a variety of microblading styles to choose from, so you can find the perfect look for your brows.
To book a consultation at Brow HQ, click here, visit our website or call us at (01244) 456020
- It is a semi-permanent treatment, so the results will fade over time. Touch-up treatments are typically recommended every 12-18 months.
- It is not suitable for everyone. People with certain severe skin conditions or take blood thinning medication should not have microblading. It is also not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- It is a very safe procedure, but there are some potential risks, such as infection, allergic reaction which is why a consultation and patch test is important prior to the treatment an aftercare and is followed post treatment.
- It is important to choose a qualified and experienced microblading artist to minimise the risk of complications.
Brow HQ is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality microblading services. We offer a consultation to all potential clients, so you can learn more about the procedure and see if it is right for you.